The University of Education offers a variety of scholarships to help students achieve their academic goals. These scholarships are awarded based on merit, financial need, and other specific criteria.
- The University has allocated Rs. 22.0 million for merit scholarships.
- Scholarships are awarded to first-year students based on merit at the time of admission.
- Merit scholarships for the second year and subsequent years are based on the previous year’s internal assessment and the result of the University comprehensive examination.
- Students who pass their examinations by parts in the second or subsequent years will not be eligible for the merit scholarship.
- These scholarships are awarded to 10% of total students in each program.
- Eligibility is based on the parent’s/guardian’s declared monthly income from all resources being Rs. 15000/- or less.
- The condition of passing the examination in the first attempt without appearing in a re-sit exam does not apply to this scholarship.
- If applications exceed the limit of 10% per program, preference is given to students with the lowest parent’s/guardian’s income.
- If two or more students have the same parent’s/guardian’s income and also have the same marks then preference is given to rural students over urban students and female students over male students.
Punjab Education Endowment Fund (PEEF)
- Funded by the Government of Punjab.
- Open to students with a Punjab domicile who have secured at least 60% marks or minimum CGPA 2.5 in their previous degree from Punjab.
- Applicants must be full-time students in the current academic year in a public sector university/degree awarding institution of Punjab.
- Declared monthly income of parents/guardian (from all resources) should be Rs. 15000/- or less.
- Students must not have received any other scholarship for studies and must satisfy the criteria for the award of financial aid of the respective University/Higher Education institution.
Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI)
- Offered to students who have passed the Intermediate examination in the current year with at least 60% marks.
- Governed by the policy of the Education Department, Government of Punjab.
Pak Canada Debt Swap Project (PCDSP)
- Awarded on merit amongst those who are students of morning classes.
- Open to all public sector (Punjab Govt.) elementary level teachers, irrespective of morning and evening classes.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the percentage of marks obtained in BA/BSc or equivalent. If two or more students have equal marks then the merit will be formulated based on the percentage of FA/FSc or equivalent and similarly, on matriculation marks percentage.
- Preference is given to female students over male students and rural students over urban students.
About the University of Education
Established in 2002, the University of Education offers degree programs ranging from undergraduate to PhD level in various disciplines. It consists of 9 campuses spread across the province of Punjab, including century-old institutions for teacher education with good repute and traditions of excellence.