PAKISTAN INSTITUTE OF FASHION AND DESIGN ADMISSION
Program Offered: M.PHIL. ART AND DESIGN EDUCATION
This program addresses academics and teachers from primary, secondary, and higher education in art and design, as well as those professionals who engage in teaching in the creative industries and the grassroots empowerment sector, who wish to focus on capacity-building and learning through research and development of curriculum and educational materials.
A candidate seeking admission to the degree must have:
- sixteen years of education or 4 years of education after F.A. / F.Sc. / A-level or equivalent (at least 130 credit hours) with at least Second Division / CGPA 2.50 in the degree on the basis of which admission is requested and,
- Qualified a GRE (General) Type Test as may be adopted by the Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD), Lahore for admission in MS/M.Phil. Degree program.
- Deficiency Courses for Candidates from Non-Art and Design Background: If the course(s) studied by a candidate in his / her previous degree (on the basis of which admission is requested) do not provide adequate background for the degree program of study, he/she may be required to make up the deficiency by taking additional course(s) as determined by the respective Department.
- Deficiency courses should be completed in 1 year after getting admission in M.Phil. Art and Design Education program after the completion of required deficiency courses a student will commence their M.Phil. Art and Design Education degree.
- The candidates will apply online through the link admissions.pifd.edu.pk.
- Admission processing fee @ Rs. 1700/– shall be deposited in the name of Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, A/c # 50397000268851 (HBL, Expo Center Branch, Johar Town, Lahore).
- The successful candidates in the entry test with an Arts or Design background are advised to appear for the interview with a Portfolio consisting of 20 JPEG images which should include 10 of the applicant’s own art or design work + 10 of the applicant’s students’ work (Size of images: A4 digital size, no larger than 150 DPI, i.e.1240 x 1754 pixels) in a CD / DVD / USB Stick OR Applicants with a non-Arts and Design background should submit a writing sample, sample lesson plans, course outlines or curriculum document in online application form but will appear for interview.
Keep notes of these dates so that you don’t miss anything important.
|2nd October 2023
|Last Date For Submission of Applications
|31st October 2023
|Admission Entry / Aptitude Test
|5th November 2023 @10:00 am
|Display of List for Interviews
|7th November 2023
|10th November 2023
|Display of First Merit List
|13th November 2023
|Last Date For Submission of Dues (First Merit List)
|1st December 2023
|Display of Second Merit List (if required)
|1st December 2023
|Last Date For Submission of Dues (Second Merit List)
|15th December 2023
|Commencement of Classes
|8th January 2024
For information/ Queries
Contact Ph. 042 9923 2951-7, Ext. 111
Email: [email protected]
Timings: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (Monday-Friday) Registrar: Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, 51 – J/III Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan
51 – J/III Johar Town Lahore, Pakistan
Google Map Link for Location
Find any course in Pakistan in any university at any level using our interactive tool.Course Finder Pakistan
Pakistan Institute Of Fashion And Design Introduction
The Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD) is a prominent institution dedicated to the field of fashion and design education in Pakistan. Established in 1995, PIFD is located in Lahore, a city known for its rich cultural heritage and vibrant arts scene. The institute is renowned for its commitment to nurturing creative talent and fostering innovation within the fashion industry.
PIFD offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in areas such as fashion design, textile design, fashion marketing and merchandising, jewelry design, and fashion photography. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of design principles, textile technology, and market dynamics. Additionally, PIFD places a strong emphasis on practical skills through hands-on workshops, industry collaborations, and internships.
The institute is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped studios, computer labs, and a resourceful library. PIFD’s faculty comprises experienced professionals and industry experts who provide valuable insights and mentorship to the students.
Over the years, PIFD has played a pivotal role in shaping Pakistan’s fashion landscape, producing graduates who have made significant contributions to the industry both domestically and internationally. Through its dedication to excellence and innovation, PIFD continues to be a leading institution in the realm of fashion and design education in Pakistan.