Table of Contents
This is the age of information technology. Pakistan is a big market. The BS IT Scope in Pakistan is growing and the skills are becoming in demand with every passing day.
Pakistan is fast converting to IT infrastructure and IT graduates are in high demand in both the public and private sector.
Pakistani freelancers in the IT industry are earning valuable foreign exchange for Pakistan. It is hard to be unemployed when you have an IT degree. People with small businesses offering IT services are making a comfortable living.
Let’s look into the BS IT Scope in Pakistan and see where you will be employed, how much your salary will be, and what are career growth options.
Pro Tip: Know BS IT in Pakistan and read our Ultimate Guide to BS Information Technology in Pakistan; From Books to Careers.
BS IT Careers in Pakistan
Here are some areas where BSIT graduates can find opportunities:
- Software Development: Companies are constantly in need of software developers to build, test, and maintain software systems.
- Network Administration: Many organizations require network administrators to manage their internal and external networks.
- Data Analysis: With the growth of big data, there’s a high demand for professionals who can analyze and interpret complex digital data to drive decision-making.
- Cybersecurity: As cyber threats become more sophisticated, the need for cybersecurity specialists is on the rise.
- Web Development: Businesses are always looking for web developers to create and maintain their online presence.
- IT Consultancy: Many firms seek advice on how to use IT to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
- IT Project Management: Project managers are needed to oversee the planning, execution, and completion of IT projects.
- Teaching and Research: Universities and research institutions often require IT professionals for teaching and research positions.
- Freelancing: Many IT professionals choose to work as freelancers, offering their expertise to clients around the world.
- Startups: With the growing startup culture in Pakistan, many IT professionals are venturing into entrepreneurship, creating innovative products and solutions.
The above roles offer competitive salaries and the chance to be part of an industry that is continually evolving and innovating.
BS IT Jobs in Pakistan
There are various job opportunities available for BSIT graduates in Pakistan.
- Web Developer
- Data Communication Analyst
- Network System Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Technical Support Specialist – Indeed
- Software Programmer – Indeed
- IT Project Manager – Indeed
- Intern Network Engineer – Indeed
- Cybersecurity Professional Roles such as Information Security Analyst, Cybersecurity Analyst, Cybersecurity Engineer
BSIT Salary in Pakistan
The salary of a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) graduate in Pakistan can vary greatly based on the individual’s role, skills, experience, and the company they work for.
The general starting salary for a BSIT graduate in Pakistan is around Rs 30,000 per month. A person working in Information Technology in Pakistan typically earns around 84,300 PKR per month, with salaries ranging from 42,600 PKR to 134,000 PKR.
Experienced software developers, on the other hand, can earn up to Rs.110,000 per month.
BSIT Jobs in Dubai
Dubai has emerged as a global city and a business hub. The demand for Information Technology professionals is high due to the city’s continuous expansion and its increasing reliance on technology.
Based on the search results, various job roles are available for BSIT graduates in Dubai. Here are some of them:
- IT Assistant
- Director – Information Technology
- Data Center Technician
- IT Supervisor
- Software Developers
- Network Administrators
- Information Security Analysts
These roles are found in diverse sectors such as healthcare, education, finance, and more.
BS IT Salaries in Dubai
The salary scale for IT professionals in Dubai varies based on the role, skills, experience, and the sector they work in. On average, an Information Technology professional earns about $8500 per year. Please note that this is an average figure and actual salaries can vary based on various factors.
Read this page to know more BS IT salaries in Dubai.
Dubai provides significant opportunities for BSIT graduates. The city’s growing economy and technological advancements mean that the demand for skilled IT professionals is likely to continue rising in the future.
Further Education after BSIT
After obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT), there are several avenues for further education both within Pakistan and abroad. These opportunities can help professionals to specialize in their area of interest, gain advanced skills, or broaden their knowledge base.
Further Education in Pakistan
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT): This program typically focuses on advanced IT concepts and applications. Universities like the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) and Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) offer this program.
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS): This program focuses more on the theoretical aspects of computer science and is offered by universities like COMSATS Institute of Information Technology and the University of Karachi.
Further Education Abroad
Studying abroad can provide exposure to different cultures, methodologies, and technologies.
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Master’s in Information Systems: This program is offered by many universities worldwide including MIT (USA), Stanford University (USA), and University of Oxford (UK).
- Master’s in Data Science: Universities like Harvard University (USA), University of Cambridge (UK), and National University of Singapore offer this program focusing on data analysis and interpretation.