Table of Contents
The BS Environmental Engineering Scope in Pakistan is potentially high because Pakistan is facing environmental crises. However, the jobs are not being created at the same rate as graduates are being produced.
In future, the jobs for environmental engineering will increase.
The field of Environmental Engineering holds significant scope in Pakistan, primarily due to the country’s increasing focus on sustainable development and environmental conservation.
Graduates with a BS Environmental Engineering degree have opportunities to work in diverse sectors, including environmental consultancy, research, academia, and governmental agencies.
The role often involves designing systems that promote environmental protection and ensuring facilities maintain their compliance with environmental regulations.
As problem solvers, environmental engineers are instrumental in addressing pressing environmental issues, thereby contributing to a greener and more sustainable future for Pakistan.
Industries for BS Environmental Engineering in Pakistan
As a BS Environmental Engineering graduate, you can potentially find career opportunities in a wide range of industries.
Here’s a list of ten industries where your expertise could be highly valued:
- Environmental Consultancy Firms: Provide advice to organizations on how to minimize environmental impact and maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
- Government Agencies: Work on policy-making, regulation enforcement, and community education about environmental issues.
- Research Institutions: Conduct research to develop new technologies or strategies for environmental conservation and sustainability.
- Waste Management Companies: Design and implement systems for effective waste disposal and recycling.
- Urban Planning Organizations: Contribute to the design of sustainable cities, considering factors like pollution control and green spaces.
- Construction Companies: Ensure building projects adhere to environmental standards and incorporate eco-friendly designs.
- Energy Companies: Work on developing and implementing renewable energy technologies.
- Water Treatment Facilities: Design and maintain systems for safe water treatment and distribution.
- Agriculture Industry: Implement sustainable farming practices and address environmental concerns related to agriculture.
- Non-profit Environmental Organizations: Advocate for environmental policies, conduct research, and work on conservation projects.
Each of these industries presents unique challenges and opportunities for environmental engineers to make a positive impact on our planet’s future.
Environmental Engineering Career Paths
As a graduate with a BS in Environmental Engineering, a multitude of career paths are open to you.
Below, I have listed ten potential careers and provided a brief description of each role:
- Environmental Consultant: Advises organizations on environmental best practices, ensuring compliance with regulations and minimizing environmental impact.
- Policy Analyst: Works within government agencies or non-profits to develop and implement environmental policies.
- Research Scientist: Conducts research in academia or industry to develop innovative solutions for environmental issues.
- Waste Management Engineer: Designs and oversees systems for efficient and eco-friendly waste disposal.
- Urban Planner: Incorporates sustainability into city planning, considering factors like pollution control and green infrastructure.
- Green Building Engineer: Ensures construction projects adhere to environmental standards and incorporate sustainable designs.
- Renewable Energy Engineer: Develops and implements renewable energy technologies to replace fossil fuel reliance.
- Water Quality Engineer: Designs and maintains systems to ensure safe water treatment and distribution.
- Agricultural Engineer: Implements sustainable farming practices and addresses environmental concerns in the agriculture sector.
- Conservation Officer: Works within non-profit organizations or government bodies to advocate for environmental policies and oversee conservation projects.
Each of these careers offers the opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to make a substantial contribution to environmental protection and sustainability.
Read this guide to know about the univerisities offering BS environmental engineering in Pakistan, fee structure, admission criteria, and more.Guide To BS Environmental Engineering In Pakistan 2023
Salary for BS Environmental Engineering Freshers
As per recent job postings on Indeed.com, fresh graduates in the field of Environmental Engineering in Pakistan can expect to earn a monthly salary ranging from PKR 30,000 to PKR 70,000.
This range reflects various factors such as the location of the job, size and type of the company, and the specific role.
For instance, an MTO (Management Trainee Officer) in Environmental Engineering/Sciences at Green Apparel Pvt Ltd in Lahore is offered a salary between PKR 50,000 to PKR 70,000 per month. Meanwhile, an HSE Manager role at Atlas Engineering & Controls in Karachi offers a wider salary range from PKR 30,000 to PKR 120,000 per month.
Further Education after BS Environmental Engineering
Continuing education after a BS in Environmental Engineering can open up new opportunities and enhance your expertise.
Here are some options for further study:
1. Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering
A master’s degree allows you to specialize in a particular area of environmental engineering, such as water resources engineering, environmental systems, or air quality engineering.
2. Doctorate in Environmental Engineering
A Ph.D. prepares you for a career in academia or advanced research roles. You’ll conduct original research and contribute new knowledge to the field.
3. MBA with a focus on Sustainability
An MBA program with a sustainability focus equips you with the business skills needed to lead environmentally conscious companies or start your own green business.
4. Professional Engineer (PE) License
While not a degree, obtaining a PE license demonstrates your competency and commitment to high standards in the field of engineering. It’s often required for leadership roles in engineering.
5-Postgraduate Certificate in Environmental Management
This certificate offers specialized knowledge in managing environmental projects and issues, making it ideal for roles in environmental policy or management.
6. Master’s in Public Policy (MPP) with Environmental Focus
An MPP with an environmental focus prepares you for roles in government or non-profit organizations where you can influence environmental policies.
Each of these educational paths offers unique benefits and can help you achieve different career goals in the field of environmental engineering.