Table of Contents
BS Automotive Engineering is a comprehensive degree program that empowers students with the technical knowledge and practical skills to design, develop, and optimize automotive systems for enhanced performance, efficiency, and safety.
Automotive Engineering is a rapidly evolving field in Pakistan, offering a unique blend of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering. The focus is on creating vehicles that are not only efficient but also safe and innovative.
This degree is offered by some of the country’s most prestigious institutions, including NUST and UET Lahore, ensuring students have access to state-of-the-art labs and an education that emphasizes practical learning.
When you choose to pursue a BS in Automotive Engineering in Pakistan, you’re opening the door to a broad range of career prospects. Graduates often find opportunities in both local and international automotive industries, with roles that allow them to put their hands-on experience in vehicle design and optimization to good use.
This BS Automotive Engineering Guide is a part of the series on best degrees after FSc Pre Engineering. Read the full blog about that here.Best Fields after FSc Pre Engineering in Pakistan
Automotive Engineering Universities in Pakistan
I have compiled for you a comprehensive table of all the universities offering automotive engineering in Pakistan. Use the search function to find a specific university or all the universities offering automotive engineering in a city.
|Ned University Of Engineering & Technology
|BE , 4 Years
|Punjab Tianjin University Of Technology
|BS , 4 Years
|University Of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
|BS , 4 Years
|BS , 4 Years
|University Of Engineering & Technology, Taxile
|BS, 4 years
BS Automotive Engineering Admissions
Most of the Pakistani universities that offer BS automotive engineering offer this program in the fall only. You can find the admissions page for each of the universities here.
- Ned University Of Engineering & Technology Admissions
- Punjab Tianjin University Of Technology Admissions
- University Of Engineering & Technology, Lahore Admissions
- Hamdard University Admissions
- University Of Engineering & Technology, Taxila Admissions
BS Automotive Engineering Syllabus by HEC and PEC
Pakistan Engineering Council has prepared a syllabus for BS Automotive Engineering with the help of the Higher Education Commission.
Here is semester wise syllabus for BS Automotive Engineering.
Semester 1 Subjects
- Applied Physics
- Calculus & Analytical Geometry
- Functional English
- Introduction to Automotive Systems
- Mechanical Workshop Practice
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Pakistan Studies
- Engineering Drawing & Computer Graphics
Semester 2 Subjects
- Basic Electrical Automotive
- Applied Chemistry
- Communication Skills
- Linear Algebra
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Thermo-Fluid Lab
Semester 3 Subjects
- Computer Programming
- Fundamentals of Analogue & Digital Electronics
- Islamic Studies
- Materials & Metallurgy
- Mechanics & Material Labs
- Mechanics of Materials
- Differential Equations
Semester 4 Subjects
- Multivariate Calculus and Transforms
- Automotive Propulsion
- Design & Manufacturing Lab
- Design of Machine Elements
- Feedback Control Systems
- Manufacturing Process
- Modelling & Simulation Lab
Semester 5 Subjects
- Probability & Statistics
- Automotive Embedded System
- Technical Writing & Presentation Skills
- Combustion, Emission & Pollution
- Design for Manufacturing
- Sociology Elective I
- Heat Transfer
Semester 6 Subjects
- Numerical Analysis
- Automobile Instrumentation
- Automotive Structure Design
- Chassis System Design
- Sociology Elective II
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Vehicle Noise & Vibration
- Vehicle Ride & Handling Lab
Semester 7 Subjects
- Final Year Project I
- Operations Management
- Management Elective II
- Technical Elective I
- Technical Elective II
- Thermal Management for Automotive
Semester 8 Subjects
- Final Year Project II
- Automotive Health Safety & Environment
- Quality & Reliability Engineering
- Technical Elective III
- Vehicle Development
Read our guide below to understand the scope of BS automotive engineering in Pakistan.Scope Of Automotive Engineering In Pakistan
BS Automotive Engineering Admission Criteria
If you’re considering a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Automotive Engineering in Pakistan, there are several key admission criteria you should be aware of.
These criteria can vary slightly between institutions, but generally include the following:
- Academic Qualifications: Most universities require candidates to have completed their F.Sc Pre-Engineering or A-levels with a focus on subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Studies. Some institutions also accept DAE in relevant fields.
- Minimum Grades: Candidates are typically expected to have achieved a minimum percentage in their previous academic qualifications. This can range from 50% to 60%, depending on the institution. Good grades for the admission start from 80% or above.
- Entrance Exam: Certain universities may require an entrance exam as part of the admission process.
- Relevant Discipline: For some institutions, it’s crucial that candidates have completed their prior education in a relevant discipline.
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and specific criteria may vary by institution. Therefore, it’s advisable to check the precise requirements on the official university or college websites.
BS Automotive Engineering in Karachi
These universities offer BS automotive engineering in Karachi.
- Ned University Of Engineering & Technology
- Hamdard University
Automotive Engineering Universities in Lahore
These universities offer automotive engineering in Lahore.
- Punjab Tianjin University Of Technology
- University Of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
BS Automotive Engineering Abroad for Pakistani Students
I will briefly discuss the best universities for BS automotive engineering for Pakistani students in different countries.
Since the cost is high for overseas education, you will need to have good financial assets for studying overseas.
Automotive Engineering Universities in Australia
Australia boasts a number of renowned universities offering comprehensive programs in Automotive Engineering. Below is a list of some of the leading institutions that offer such courses:
- La Trobe University: Known for its robust automotive engineering program, La Trobe University rovides students with a solid foundation in the field.
- University of New South Wales (UNSW): UNSW offers a comprehensive course that equips students with the skills to excel in this dynamic industry.
- Edith Cowan University: This institution’s automotive engineering program is recognized for its practical approach and strong industry connections.
- RMIT University: A leader in mechanical and automotive engineering, RMIT’s courses are underpinned by high-impact research.
- TAFE Queensland: TAFE offers specialized courses in automotive engineering, providing students with hands-on experience.
- Box Hill Institute of TAFE: This institution offers a bachelor’s degree in automotive engineering, emphasizing practical skills and industry knowledge.
- Kangan Institute: Known for its vehicle engineering courses, Kangan Institute provides students with the technical skills needed for success in the industry.
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE: Offering automotive technology courses, Sunraysia Institute of TAFE equips students with practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
- Central Melbourne Institute: This institution offers automotive technology courses that prepare students for the evolving demands of the industry.
CQUniversity: CQUniversity’s automotive technology courses provide a comprehensive understanding of the field, preparing students for a range of roles in the industry.
Best Automotive Engineering Universities in the USA
When it comes to automotive engineering, the United States boasts some of the best universities globally.
Here are some of the top-rated institutions renowned for their automotive engineering programs:
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: Known for its exceptional engineering program, this university is a leader in automotive engineering.
- Clemson University: Clemson University’s automotive engineering program is highly regarded and offers students a solid foundation in the field.
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale: This institution provides a comprehensive automotive engineering program that equips students with the skills needed to excel in this dynamic industry.
- University of California, Berkeley: UC Berkeley is recognized for its strong emphasis on research and practical application in automotive engineering.
- Stanford University: Stanford offers an innovative and forward-thinking automotive engineering program.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT): Known globally for its excellence in engineering, MIT’s automotive program is no exception.
- Montana State University-Northern: This institution offers a robust automotive engineering program that balances theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Weber State University: Weber State University’s automotive engineering program is recognized for its hands-on approach and strong industry connections.
- Utah Valley University: Utah Valley University offers an automotive engineering program that prepares students for a wide range of roles in the industry.
Brigham Young University, Idaho: This university’s automotive engineering program is known for its focus on real-world applications and problem-solving.
Top Automotive Engineering Universities in the World
I have compiled a table of the top 15 universities from both of these rankings for mechanical engineering.
Since automotive engineering is closely related to mechanical engineering, the ranking institutions don’t rank universities for the automotive sub-branch of engineering. Many of these top engineering universities offer automotive engineering. Have a look;
|City / Country
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
|Cambridge, United States
|Stanford, United States
|Delft University of Technology
|University of Cambridge
|Cambridge, United Kingdom
|University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
|Berkeley, United States
|Politecnico di Milano
|Imperial College London
|London, United Kingdom
|University of Oxford
|Oxford, United Kingdom
|National University of Singapore (NUS)
|Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
|Ann Arbor, United States
|Cambridge, United States
|Georgia Institute of Technology
|Atlanta, United States
|West Lafayette, United States
|EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland